Sunday, February 19, 2012

WALKING BACK IN TIME

by Paul Peterzell

Paul Peterzell
In January's TLI in Orlando, Paul Peterzell, our Reporter's Chair, found himself in a familiar place: his old high school. The experience inspired the following poem.

WALKING BACK IN TIME By Paul Peterzell, 1/14/12

High school memories,
A treasured time and place
everything so different
not one familiar face!

The halls that I remember,
new replaces old,
Feelings of change,
Watching an era unfold.

The library I remember,
rows and rows of books,
Technology and computers,
Changing how it looks

Walking in the band room,
hearing sounds of the past,
skills that I developed,
Over time they did last!

The student newspaper,
Articles I enjoyed to write,
promoted to editor,
Issues I brought to light.

An auditorium so grand,
the old one replaced
Rehearsals years ago,
Wonderful times I faced!

A Toastmasters officers training,
My old high school as host,
What a fitting place,
How gratefully I can boast.

the first speech class,
My favorite time of the day
I remember the teacher,
Things that she would say.

Walking back in time,
A trip down memory lane
How enjoyable of a trip,
pleasant feelings remain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Toastmasters Journey

By Barbara Kincade, DTM - Toastmasters at Twelve, Daytona Beach I never even heard about Toastmasters until I took the Dale Carnegie...