Thursday, February 23, 2012

Bringing in Two New Clubs!

by Marjorie Benjamin, ACG

Marjorie Benjamin, ACG
I am a member of Clermont SDA church, and I saw that there was a need to have a Toastmasters club at our church. I brought the idea to the board, and they approved it. The challenge was selling it to the members, so I created a flyer explaining the benefits of Toastmasters, and the impact having a Toastmasters club for our members would make in the church and community. I also created a sign-up sheet and offered a 2 for one price to join for the chartered members. That's how I started the Clermont club.

The way I started our new Well Toasted club was like this: I had a Toastmasters meeting at my home and invited some of my friends who I knew were not members of Toastmasters. When we explained the benefits of Toastmasters, and did a quick Table Topic session where we counted the amount of AHs and UMs they had, one of my friends decided to approach her boss about having a club at her job.

Both new clubs are chartered and doing well. The bottom-line is to look around and see where the need is; then, just talk up Toastmasters every opportunity you get.

Marjorie Benjamin, ACG, ALB
President, Clermont Toastmasters
Area 31 Governor

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Toastmasters Journey

By Barbara Kincade, DTM - Toastmasters at Twelve, Daytona Beach I never even heard about Toastmasters until I took the Dale Carnegie...