Thursday, January 12, 2012

Testimonial by Javier Cintron

Javier Cintron
In my former role as the Communications Leader for American Express, I was tasked with creating presentations, but never had to actually deliver one. Despite the fact that I did not have to deliver presentations, as a communications professional, I was highly embarrassed to admit how much I feared public speaking.

This past September, I was practicing to deliver a commencement speech for my graduating class at Tampa’s St. Pete Forum Arena. Thanks to Toastmasters at DRC – Orlando, I was able to practice and gain the necessary confidence I needed to prepare for such an important speech.

Today, I am currently pursuing my Masters in Business Administration (MBA), and as part of our curriculum, students are required to make presentations. Had it not been for the practice and skills I acquired through my involvement with Toastmasters at DRC – Orlando, I can honestly say I would not be as successful in my courses.

As a fellow Toastmaster, grad school student, Online Communications Agent, and mentor for Big Brothers and Big Sisters of Central Florida, I am a living example of how Toastmasters can positively impact one’s life. Toastmasters provided the necessary tools, but most importantly, the confidence I needed to succeed in all aspects of life. We cannot become who we want to be, by remaining who we are, and I am glad I took the initiative to join Toastmasters and improve upon my skills and confidence.

Thanks, Toastmasters! - Javier Cintron

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Toastmasters Journey

By Barbara Kincade, DTM - Toastmasters at Twelve, Daytona Beach I never even heard about Toastmasters until I took the Dale Carnegie...