Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Officer Training ~ Toastmasters Learning Institute and Kollege of Knowledge

by Linton McClain, ACS and Mary Carol Holbert, ACS

Division A & F had a great Kollege of Knowledge experience for the new Toastmasters year. Division F Governor Fred Haley and I wanted to start off this year with energy and we found the most energetic person we could find; George Casey. With George's lead, we came up with the theme "Put me in Coach". George led his team to a great success. They worked together tirelessly to make the event a success. As we neared the week of the event nearly 150 people had registered. We kept pushing forward to reach a goal of having 200 members participate. As we closed the day of the event, George reported that we reached our goal. We hardly had enough seats to accommodate everyone during the "General Session".

Many people enjoyed the event. Most comments were centered around the enthusiasm and energy of the event. The first timers commented on the organization and the workshops catered to their needs. The officers commented on each speaker engaging them instead of giving them a lecture. This event was a success due to George's determination and focus to make the event a success.

What I liked the most about the training is that it was well put together and flowed seamlessly. There were a few hiccups, but they were taken care of quickly. I feel that people really got what they wanted from the Kollege of Knowledge. The whole team received much praise for the organizational effort and the variety. We started on time and ended on time. If there is one thing I would change, it would be having enough seats. I don't think it's something we can control, but it would help with the organization. Overall, I could not have asked for a better Kollege of Knowledge. I give a standing ovation to George Casey and his team.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Toastmasters Journey

By Barbara Kincade, DTM - Toastmasters at Twelve, Daytona Beach I never even heard about Toastmasters until I took the Dale Carnegie...