Sunday, August 28, 2011

Ambassador Story

I am a 35 year member of Toastmasters starting in Panama City District 29. I moved to East Central Florida in 1981 and transferred my membership to the Merritt Moonliters club, #1387 in November of that year. I was the first President of the Harris Communicators club, 363.

While with the Communicators club I was on many extensive travel and field assignments. I learned, very quickly, that Toastmasters is truly International. I visited over 100 clubs in cities such as; Jacksonville, FL; Atlanta, GA; Washington, DC; Tucson, AZ; etc. I had instant friends in every city where I worked I have been invited to dinners, weddings and homes of some of the most intelligent and greatest people in the world – fellow Toastmasters.

District 84 has a very valuable tool called the Ambassador program. I now visit clubs all over my Area, Division and other Districts. I have gained fantastic knowledge and new friends. Each club is unique such as providing food to recording their meetings. What a way to learn while having fun. I encourage all of the members in District to become a club Ambassador.

Harold “Pete” Cabaniss, DTM/ATM-S
Merritt Moonliters Club, Cocoa Beach, FL

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Toastmasters Journey

By Barbara Kincade, DTM - Toastmasters at Twelve, Daytona Beach I never even heard about Toastmasters until I took the Dale Carnegie...