Saturday, November 12, 2011

Hall of Fame Message

by Scott Hoehn, DTM, Immediate Past District 84 Governor

Scott Hoehn, DTM - Jim Miller, DTM
Every year, nearly eighty of District 84’s 4000 members are either elected or appointed to take on many challenging goals, for the most part, with no prior experience! Assisting clubs, organizing conferences, building membership, training officers, auditing our records, securing proxies, creating newsletters, pursuing renewals and starting new clubs are just some of the various tasks. There’s certainly no monetary incentive;
sometimes the hours can be long and tiring; on occasion these leaders may deal with argumentative members.

Yet throughout the year, they poured their creativity, their dedication and their professionalism into their assignments to ensure our members received the finest support. Our theme last year was “Insist on Excellence!” Little did I know that this team would re-define the word “Excellence!”

For the 2010-2011 term, my happiest moment as District Governor was to recognize the incredible leaders of my team at the District 84 HALL OF FAME during the 2011 Fall Conference. Gorgeous plaques and trophies only hold a fraction of the appreciation I feel for these people. We began the term mostly as strangers, yet at the end, there’s not a soul I would not count amongst my dearest and most respected friends.

Thank you for all your hard work. Most important, thank you for such fond memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Toastmasters Journey

By Barbara Kincade, DTM - Toastmasters at Twelve, Daytona Beach I never even heard about Toastmasters until I took the Dale Carnegie...