Tuesday, September 3, 2013

An open letter to D84 from Monty Ray

Monty Ray Davidson, ACG
by Monty Ray Davidson, ACG

----My District 84  Family,

First off --Thank you to everyone!  Your words, thoughts, and energy were all there with me in Ohio!

The events of the Convention are still decompressing within me.
  But here’s what you need to know:

IT WAS AMAZING!!!
You all have to go to least one International Convention in the course of your TMI journey.

This was one stellar affair!  Everyone at the Convention were very kind, professional and supportive.  I got to connect with TMI members from all over the planet. (One lady from Japan gave me these cool little origami book marks for my daughter.)  Things like that I’ll never forget.-J

Cincinnati is a beautiful town. If you’ve never been, you simply have to go.  It’s a city steeped in rich history and great food.  (Outside of my Mom’s Meatloaf, the best I’ve ever had.)  Things like that I’ll never forget.-J

Now we get to it.
  How was it to compete in the Semi Finals?

AMAZING!
90 of the best speakers on the planet in one big room, then they broke us up into 9 groups of 10.   Tremendous talent represented there.
 At the end of Thursday, 9 of us were left.

Friday after the Finalist de-brief I holed up in my hotel room and just ran my Finals speech Sticks To You, over and over again.  Taking occasional breaks to walk to streets of Cincinnati, eat, and watch Bones episodes on TNT.

Saturday,  I know many of you were watching (Thank you April!)  When we went live around the world @ 8:30am.

9 people representing Dubai, New Zealand, Bulgaria, South Africa, and the U.S. 

9 people, 9 phenomenal stories.

The 8 contestants I was up there on stage with will forever have my admiration for being in the moment and the incredible journey that led them to that morning at the Duke Energy Center.

I did my Bug Bunny impression before the entire planet!

AMAZING!-J

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Toastmasters Journey

By Barbara Kincade, DTM - Toastmasters at Twelve, Daytona Beach I never even heard about Toastmasters until I took the Dale Carnegie...